[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Understanding JBPM

dingo001 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 14:22:05 EDT 2007

The problem definition
I would like to have a system where end users could upload their par files to my webapp and I could handle their processes for them independent of domain or usecase

The webapp dependency
1. Every workflow applies to one of x documents on the server. The user selects the document at runtime.
2. Every workflow par uploaded to my webapp depends on user lists (to assign tasks at runtime) that are determined at runtime

Progress
I have figured out how to create pars and upload pars to my webapp.

Question
1. I cannot understand is how can I tie a workflow to a document. Would that be done in each process instance as a context variable that I pass to the process instance.

2. If I want my webapp to be generic enough to accommodate any workflow definition then all that I perceive that I do in the webapp is to get the process instance and just call p.signal(). this would create token (or tokens in the case of forks) and processing can continue.

I apologize for the long email but I want to be clear.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084603#4084603

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084603