[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Is Remoting the right technology for this task ?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 17:16:25 EDT 2007

Interesting question.  Let's see if I understand.  You have devices communicating with your server application, which then makes EJB calls.  And you want the devices to make the EJB calls themselves?

If I understand correctly, then the answer is "it's possible but not necessarily trivial".  EJB's don't care how the method invocations get to them.  In fact, people regularly use a number of different transports, both inside and outside Remoting, to communicate with EJB's on the JBoss Application Server.  Of the Remoting transports, the most commonly used are probably the socket and the http transports.  It sounds like you want to replace the built-in Remoting transports with one (or more) of your own.  In fact, new transports can be plugged into Remoting, though they may not be trivial to write.  If this is what you want to do, then I can probably give you some guidance.

If I don't understand, then please clarify.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084651#4084651

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084651