[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Transition script bug

mikes222 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 15 05:38:52 EDT 2007

Hello!

Seems there is a bug in jBPM 3.2.1 when using Scripts in Transistions. I wrote a script condition for a transition like this one:

new Boolean(DataObject.hasNode("Connector.Xml.Data.idx.request.signoff"));

hasNode returns boolean (integral type), so I convert this to Boolean.

jBPM though answers with

org.jbpm.JbpmException: transition condition new Boolean(DataObject.hasNode("Connector.Xml.Data.idx.request.sign
on")); evaluated to non-boolean: java.lang.String

I found in JbpmExpressionEvaluator in line 39 the following code:
      result = evaluator.evaluate(dollarExpression, Object.class, usedVariableResolver, functionMapper);

which should be imho:
      result = evaluator.evaluate(dollarExpression, Boolean.class, usedVariableResolver, functionMapper);

I am not able to test the changes, but it might be necessary to change also the method convertStaticValueToExpectedType() in ExpressionEvaluatorImpl

greetings from Austria,

mikes222

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084720#4084720

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084720