[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss EL performance vs Sun EL

mail.micke@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 15 05:47:01 EDT 2007

Hi

I have also noticed performance issues when I use EL a lot with table rendering. Don't think it is specific to tables, just a lot of EL resolving going on. Not blaming EL, I am probably using it in ways it shouldn't be.

In short when I added rendered property on each rich:column on a table, 6-8 seconds are spent in the render response lifecycle (when rendering about 100 rows). Compared milliseconds, when I remove the EL and just render all columns.

There is a thread about it here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=118257

- Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084722#4084722