[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Mixing and Matching ICEfaces/RichFaces/GWT etc

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 15 16:38:57 EDT 2007

I am starting to build an application and am reviewing several technologies.  Seam is ideal for what I am doing, and I give credit to Gavin and his team.  But I am very wary about picking one particular JSF component technology.  It seems like the leaders like ICEfaces and RichFaces have some components that are, for my purposes, superior to the alternatives but others that are in fact inferior.  Even options like Google Web Toolkit have some compelling aspects I find useful, although I have no desire to use GWT throughout my app.

I therefore want to mix and match component technologies.  I should mention that the lowest level of granularity is at the page level.  In other words, I have no intention of putting ICEfaces and RichFaces stuff in the same page.  I will have some pages that are all RichFaces and some pages that are all ICEfaces.

I have two questions:

1) Is such a thing relatively feasible?  Since requests to the specific pages are funneled through different servlets, I can't see why not.  Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences in this regard?

2) Does Seam have any difficulties navigating between technologies on the view?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084772#4084772

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084772