[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss EL performance vs Sun EL

mgrouch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 15 16:41:12 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | I very much doubt that. The reason why rendering large tables is slow in JSF is the building of the component tree.

No it is EL. I can see it in profiler.
JSF doesn't have ability to define a variable so you have to
recalculate EL expressions over and over (and that is using reflection!).
JSF doesn't have if/else concept it only has 'rendered'
so where you would normally had 'switch' statement evaluated once
JSF has to evaluate 'rendered' again and again (with reflection!).

I wonder if any thought on performance implications was given during JSF design...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084773#4084773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084773