[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Batch removing, conversations and transaction management

v.masterov@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 10:47:30 EDT 2007

Unfortunately cascade remove setting  is not the way for me, as the entities intended for deletion can be referenced by other entities (i.e. there are references from other entities and the entity under deletion is not aware of such references). For each iteration I need to perform entity deletion attempt. As a result I want the entites without any references to be deleted while the entities with references or referenced by other entities left unchanged. I agree that nested conversation approach is not the best way. If all entities are deleted within a single transaction, there is no way to delete entities without references, if there is at least one entity with references in the batch. That is why I want to implement deletion through separate transactions. And the only way to manage transactions in JBoss AS when working with JBoss Seam is through conversations.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085089#4085089

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085089