[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - booking example with maven and tomcat

ericomtx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 15:12:08 EDT 2007

I'm trying to package and deploy the booking example with maven in a Tomcat 6.0.10

I'm following Chapter 21 from seam docs but I'm having some problems to set all dependencies in my POM

I'm using 3 repositories :
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
http://team.andromda.org/maven2
http://labs.lunarlogic.com/proximity/repository/lunarlogic

I have several dependencies registered in my POM

My first question is this: Is it possible to have all my dependencies in my war file or is necessary some libs in tomcat's classpath ?

I tryied to copy jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA\embedded-ejb\conf directory and all jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA\lib jars to apache-tomcat-6.0.13\lib

After that I packaged my project with POM's dependencies

The main diference between the two projects dependencies is about Microcontainer Configuration

I can see that in example there is mc-conf.jar in the classpath

I couldn't create that configuration in My project

I read in some site that it should be used jboss-kernel instead mc-conf ...

That would be my second question : How should I proceed to set Microcontainer configuration right ?

There is another question that is about jboss-seam-booking.jar in booking sample application classpath , why is it necessary to be there ?

I'm using seam 1.2.1.ga

best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085226#4085226

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085226