[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Publishing Ear and update - resolves in second folder f

BerndAhrens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 04:42:16 EDT 2007

Hello,
I reproduced the behavior is with the new Nightly Build.

I am not sure, where and how to write a ?jira?, so here the steps for reprodducing:

I installed wtp-all-in-one-sdk-R-2.0-200706260303-win32.zip
with
JBossAS-Tools-200709180102-nightly.zip
and
JBossTools-Core-200709180102-nightly.zip
In an Eclipseextension folder.
Because with the Beta3 a got some erros in the preferences, like discussed in the forum.

Now I make a simple testear (EAR 1.4) Projekt and a testearWeb (Dynamic WebModule2.4) with a simple index.jsp.
In the EAR-Projekt  under Properties / J2EE Module Dependencies I mark the ?testearWeb? Projekt.

Publishing it to the local Server, the following structure is deployed:
c:\eclipse33\server\jboss-4.0.3SP1\server\default\deploy\testear.ear\testweb.war\index.jsp

Then I make a change on the index.jsp and push ?Publish to the Server?.
Now, there is a second folder for the war with only one file:
c:\eclipse33\server\jboss-4.0.3SP1\server\default\deploy\testearWeb.war\index.jsp
The first war-folder is still there, so you have two wars wih the same Context Root.

Why is there a second folder for the war?

Any ideas?
Could an Exploded Ear/War-Configuration help me? How is it configured?

( Before I make a Test with JBossAS-Tools-200709170536-nightly.zip, there was also a second folder for the war, but with more Content, I mean?)

Thanks for help!

Bernd

PS: I will try to live for once whith the slowly WTP-Deploy-Functions, maybe, with a faster Tomcat for the Webcontainer, maybe with Sysdeo. Have you other suggestions for Eclipse33?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085357#4085357

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085357