[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Everything You Wanted to Know about Seam, but were afrai

djfjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 06:18:23 EDT 2007

I'm trying to follow the examples given in http://labs.jboss.com/jbossseam/gettingstarted but it all goes horribly wrong when I try to use the JBossEclipse IDE.
This refers to using Seam 1.2 with JBoss 4.0.5 via the JEMS 1.2 installer.
It also mentions Seam 1.3 which, as far as I can see from http://labs.jboss.com/jbossseam/download/index.html, does not even exist.

Seam 2.0 plus JBoss 4.2 may be an alternative but, reading the installation manual for JBoss, it isn't clear if not using a JEMS installer leaves you with a lot of manual configuration to do.  I simply want to install a JBoss AS, get the Seam hooked up with it and develop a simple application within Eclipse, a modest and common requirement I would have thought.

JBoss 4.2.1 may work (for you) but it uses Seam 2.0 which is beta which rather puts me off.  The idea of hacking some jars whose purpose is unknown to me is even less appealing.  Is there not a stable version/combination of these elements that actually works?  If not, then maybe I need to look elsewhere.  I am looking to evaluate Seam/EJB3 which looks/ed an interesting combination but so far it does not seem to be living up to expectations - it seems very painful and fragile, or maybe I'm doing something wrong, hence my appeal.  If anyone out there has had success with this combination I'd be very grateful if they would take some time to clearly outline the steps that are involved or, if it's already written down, point me to what I'm clearly missing.

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085392#4085392

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085392