[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss 4.2.0 / 4.2.1 - Seam 2.0.0B1 - Mail Problem

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 12:45:44 EDT 2007

"bsmithjj" wrote : Here is part of the SLSB that is not deploying - note also that bean is intended to serve as a timer that rereads incoming mail from its mailSession:

  |   | @Stateless
  |   | @Name("mailReader")
  |   | public class MailReaderBean implements MailReader {
  |   |
  |   |     @Logger
  |   |     private Log log;
  |   |
  |   |     @PersistenceContext(unitName = "accessControlDatabase")
  |   |     private EntityManager em;
  |   |
  |   |     @Resource(mappedName = "java:/Mail")
  |   |     private Session mailSession;
  |   |
  |   |     @Resource
  |   |     private TimerService timerService;
  |   |
  |   |     @EJB(beanName="TerminationRequestManagerBean")
  |   |     private TerminationRequestManager terminationRequestManager;
  |   |
  |   |     @EJB(beanName="ActiveUserReconcilerBean")
  |   |     private ActiveUserReconciler activeUserReconciler;
  |   |
  |   |     @Timeout
  |   |     public void readEmail(Timer timer) {
  |   |            ... code ...
  |   |     }
  |   |
  |   |     public void startReading() {
  |   |            ... code ...
  |   |     }
  |   |
  |   |     public void stopReading() {
  |   |            ... code ...
  |   |     }
  |   |
  |   |     public boolean isMailReaderTimerRunning() {
  |   |            ... code ...
  |   |     }
  |   | }
  |   |

This is just injecting the MailSession using EJB3, not Seam, to inject the Seam managed mail session do:

@In private javax.mail.Session mailSession;

anonymous wrote : I've tried with and without adding mail-ra.rar and got the same problem.  I'm also running with a jboss-app.xml that looks like this:

mail-ra.rar is for incoming mail - so you can take that out of the equation.

Sorry, not much help.  But I don't think this has much to do with Seam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085604#4085604

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085604