[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - multi-homed, multi-app jboss cluster only partially working

awclemen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 13:45:24 EDT 2007

Hello Forum Folks,

I'm running Jboss 4.0.4GA.

I have two servers Server1 and Server2.  Each server has two IPs on one NIC, IPServer1-1, IPServer1-2 for Server1 and IPServer2-1, IPServer2-2 for Server2.  I have two apps running on the servers App1 and App2.  App1 handles requests from first set of IPs (IPServer1-1 & IPServer2-1) and App2 handles requests from the second set of IPs (IPServer1-2 & IPServer2-2).  The reason for this is I have seperate SSL certificates for each application.  I have a Cisco box doing the load-balancing using sticky sessions and it does fail-over when a JBoss server is brought down.

Now, when I bring down one server, App1 correctly fails over (i.e. the session continues on the other server). However, App2 does not.

The first question I have is, Is possible to have this type of fail-over for both applications or do I need to create different JBoss instances for each application?

Secondly, if this is possible, What am I doing wrong?  I suspect it has something to do with the binding of the IP with the clustering service.
Currently, I have not bound the clustering service to any IP address and the logs show that the clustering is working on the first set of IPs (where App1 is correctly working for fail-over).  Can I bind the clustering service to mulitple IP addresses?  If so, how?

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

--Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085656#4085656

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085656