[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 16:48:43 EDT 2007

wschwendt,

Thanks for the information.  Yes, I understand how the Seam managed persistence context works, in theory.  I suppose my question relates more to how the Seam managed persistence context maintains managed entities with respect to nested conversations...

So if I have an entity in my outer conversation, say Person as before.  I loaded my Person instance in the outer conversation with a Seam managed persistence context which means my Person instance remains managed for the course of the conversation.  Now I navigate to the Address details page which nests a conversation,

1.  Does the snapshot of the Conversation context include a snapshot of the *managed entity*?
2.  If I make changes to the Person in the nested conversation, since this is a *managed entity* does it make any difference in the semantics of the outer vs. nested conversation?
3.  Will I still be able to revert back to the outer conversation snapshot of my Person object as I can with a detached entity?

I will have to create an example that tests this behavior with attached entities as I know it works with detached entities.  If anyone could provide any insight, that would be great.  Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085745#4085745

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085745