[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Reccomend me a SEAM book

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 17:17:07 EDT 2007

@Stateful
  | @Name("Seam in Action")
  | public class SeamBook extends Book {
  |
  |   @Out(required = false)
  |   private String author;
  |
  |   @Out(required = false)
  |   private String publisher;
  |
  |   public String showMeTheAuthor() {
  |     author = "Dan Allen";
  |     return "/bookInfo.xhtml";
  |   }
  |
  |   public String showMeThePublisher() {
  |     publisher = "Manning Publications";
  |     return "/bookInfo.xhtml";
  |   }

Today I just made the announcement on my blog ( http://www.mojavelinux.com/blog/archives/2007/09/announcing_seam_in_action)  about Seam in Action, which I am authoring. The book will cover the upcoming Seam 2.0 release (and perhaps a later version depending on the timing). I explain in my post that if the stars align, the printed book will be available for JavaOne 2008, but that you can get at several of the chapters very soon through Manning's early access program.

I wish I were a miracle worker and could write the book in 0 days, but the reality is that I cannot write at warp speed. Hell, writing is the easy part. Making pretty pictures can eat up the better part of a weekend. Fortunately, Seam makes the code really easy to write, but even that takes design time. All complaining aside, I am confident that it is going to be a great book.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085752#4085752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085752