[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 22:01:40 EDT 2007

By the way, I didn't realize this:

"wschwendt" wrote : And the following approach is not  viable either: We cannot simply access a component from the parent conversation and  call a property Setter of this component with the ending result of the nested conversation supplied as argument for this Setter.    The reason is that when a component from the parent conversation is called while the nested conversation is still in progress,  the ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor saves  wrappers for the called component in the scope of the nested conversation (!) and not the scope of the parent conversation.     So once the nested conversation scope gets destroyed at the end of the nested conversation, the saved wrappers  for the component from the parent conversation get destroyed as well.

I can't help but think this wasn't intended; I'm guessing ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor is intended to be transparent.  (Side rant: it's not transparent, and has caused me some pain.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085815#4085815

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085815