[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Gavin King: Bad tools of Seam is kill its uses!!!

ybxiang.wolf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 02:54:53 EDT 2007

"tony.herstell at gmail.com" wrote : This may not be what you require but I dont use Ant or Seam tools at all.

  | I use
  | MyEclipse
  |
  | Create an EJB3 project and Map the correct files to thew correct "sub" projects (Ear, Jar and War).
  |
  | I simply tell MyEclipse where the JBoss Server is and hit 1 button to run the server (the project is automgically deployed for me by MyEclipse using something called exploded deployment).
  |
  | The server output (console) is in a MyEclipse window and I can just add in breakpoints and step through the running code within MyEclipse.
  |
  | I could not be simpler.
  |

  | However; Ant is IDE Neutral so you are going to stuck with Ant from the Seam team as Ant makes sense (I even use it to build the demos to find which files to move where)!
  |
  | It Really COULD NOT be easier... I very rarely re-start the server either as  any code cahnges are to the "running code"... so you just make a change to the code and carry on.. VERY useful with your JSF pages!

Thanks for your suggestive reply!

Yes, I can resolve all problems listed above through all kinds of methods.
But why cann't JBossTool do as well as netbeans about Seam-plugin???
How can i persuade those seam-freshers and my boss to use Seam?
They agree that Seam is good, but will not use it. They still use struts/JSF.

Netbeans 5.5' Seam-Plug in is really wonderful!!! But netbeans allways die without any reason. I give it enough memory! This plug-in cann't be used in NetBeans 6.0. And new seam-plugin for netbeans cann't be found.
And my team use Eclipse and refuses to use netbeans!!! And...my lovely seam cann't be accept by my boss!

Now, i use Seam combining Ant to develop little project for my friend. That's enough for me.

Maybe many months later, good seam-related tool will be developed for us. I will try to persuade my boss to use Seam again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085868#4085868

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085868