[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Bridge under load throws IllegalStateException

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 03:24:46 EDT 2007

Hi Tim!

I don't have much time currently to create an easy testcase because of project priorities. So I have to fight fist to get more time on this (with my wife and my Boss :-) )

But meanwhile I have tested the MaxBatchTime -1 setting and shaped the problem a little.

Again my setup but now only the relevant parts:
- 2 Servers A and B
- A should send messages to B. B processes the messages and sometimes send result to A.

Technical architecture
-A holds a queue Q1 which is bridged to B Bridged_Q1
-On B there is MDB processing the Messages in Bridged_Q1 and send results to Q2.
-Results are bridged to A Bridged_Q2
-on A there is a MDB which stores results.

So each side holds 2 queues. The bridge for both sides are deployed on A.

Testsituation:
about 900 Messages are waiting in Q1
When I now hotdeploy my bridge on A it starts the above processing:
MaxBatchSize is always set to 2

Result:
With maxBatchTime 200 or 300 I have a lot of errors. With 100 it is less!.
With -1 there is no Problem anymore...

It must have something to do if there are 2 directions with messages or two bridges are active at the same time for the same server. My third Server (which only send messages to A) have no bridging problem.

thx again for your effords!!
Markus Lutum

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085878#4085878

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085878