[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Recovering from a Constraint violation exception

wise_guybg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 10:22:54 EDT 2007

If you put it this way then yes... your solution seams good.

But I would like to have the check only once. Say as a DB constraint. Otherwise I'll be doing twice the same verification.

Sometimes it's easier and faster to implement a db constraint and if you try to mirror that check in the code it would require a query or two and some logical checks. This looks a bit inefficient in my opinion.

FYI The discussion on the transaction management continued here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=117437

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086144#4086144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086144