[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Feature request regarding nested conversations

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 10:37:38 EDT 2007

"jacob.orshalick" wrote :

  | One question.  If I cloned my Person in the nested conversation and then merged the clone to retrieve the attached instance, I'm assuming I would now have the same reference in both my outer and inner conversation.  Is this assumption correct?  Thanks again.

That's my understanding, yes.  I haven't thought enough about it, but maybe you could get continuation-like behavior with SMPCs through careful use of merging.  In particular, I wonder if you could create a new persistence context in the nested conversation, merge everything down to it from the parent context, do your editing, and then when you're done, either merge everything back, or flush the child persistence context and refresh the appropriate entities in the parent context.

"jacob.orshalick" wrote :
  | By the way, on an unrelated note, how are you guys crediting quotes (e.g. "jacob orshalick" wrote).  I want to make sure I'm giving credit where credit is due :)

Click on the "quote" button to the far right of someone's name, and it'll show you the additional syntax you need.  Took me a while to catch on, too. :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086156#4086156

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086156