[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Simplest possible stateless bean

Renen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 10:52:37 EDT 2007

Hi Jaikiran,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I must say, this is a bit frustrating. I don't understand why I need to generate an interface class. It doesn't seem to add any value to what I am doing, and the interface and the actual bean will always correspond 100%. Silly. I presume that there is an xdoclet type solution that will generate it for me. But I must say, I had hoped to be moving away from that overhead.

But Ok. I'm over that.

Then, including the ear name in the default JNDI name doesn't make sense. What happens if you need to use the classes in multiple ears?

But Ok. There is a way forward here to.

That tutorial (which is nice and clear - thanks) suggests that I use the @LocalBinding annotation. But that requires a JBoss include and makes me think that this is a JBoss specific thing.

However, I have no idea in which package I can find org.jboss.annotation.ejb.LocalBinding. I would  be obliged if you could let me know. Perhaps somebody could add that nugget to the tutorial as well.

Interestingly, there are a couple of posts that suggest that you can do the T2Bean.class.getName()) thing. For example: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=66845 (see the last post). To my mind, this is much more elegant. That said, I mostly just want a solution... ;-~

Thanks for your advice.

renen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086168#4086168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086168