[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss EL performance vs Sun EL

mgrouch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 22:51:59 EDT 2007

Here are some results of performance testing:

With the code I've posted in this thread (I've modified it to put
100 rows, 100 columns, 100 items in dropdowns).

Rendering table using JSP

$ time curl http://localhost:8080/TestJSP/testTable.jsp > foo.jsp
  |   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time             Curr.
  |                                  Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left    Speed
  | 100 49.4M    0 49.4M    0     0  6025k      0 --:--:--  0:00:08 --:--:-- 3884k
  |
  | real    0m9.566s
  | user    0m0.124s
  | sys     0m0.765s

Rendering table using Seam/JSF

$ time curl http://localhost:8080/Table/testTable.seam > foo.seam
  |   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed          Time             Curr.
  |                                  Dload  Upload Total    Current  Left    Speed
  | 100 55.1M    0 55.1M    0     0  1055k      0 --:--:--  0:00:53 --:--:--  756k
  |
  | real    0m53.694s
  | user    0m0.343s
  | sys     0m0.671s

JSP rendering took 9.5 seconds
JSF rendering took 53 seconds

I've made many runs with JSP consistently outperforming JSF by 5 times.

Tests were done on HP-A1130N PC.
I was monitoring memory usage (no excessive swapping)

JSF application is seam-gen generated (server side state saving,
standard configuration), JBoss from RedHat IDE.

These results are consistent with what I'm observing in our QA environment.

For similar table pages which would render in 1 sec we are getting responses in around 5 sec.

So performance of rendering tables is not sufficient.
Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086413#4086413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086413