[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Simplest possible stateless bean

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 02:55:26 EDT 2007

"Renen" wrote : anonymous wrote : How would you like to reference your bean from a client (or servlet)?

  | The EJBs are accessed from JSP pages, tag libraries, MDBs and from other EJBs (all of which are stateless session beans). All these objects exist within JARs or WARs inside a single ear running on a seperate JBOSS instance.
  |
  | Once implemented, the EJBs won't change very fast. Although we do add MDBs at a steady rate.
Misunderstanding. I was talking about how would you like to code your client, what API did you have in mind?
"Renen" wrote : I'll hear that. Although, after mulling it over for bit, does it make any difference if JNDI is overpopulated? Are those performance concerns material against the singificantly increased levels of complexity?
Let's take the shopping cart again. It could be bound on java:com.acme.ShoppingCart/local. But where would it be bound if I deploy a second shopping cart?
So I would get: java:com.acme.ShoppingCart/deploy2.jar/local?
I don't see a way around putting extra artifacts in the name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086454#4086454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086454