[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Remote Not bound -- Help me !

Sukar1205 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 10:11:13 EDT 2007

I am testing a customerBean class through a client class but its giving me remote not bound. I checked the JNDI tree and remote is NOT UNDER customerBean. a little help would be great to get this program running. All I am trying to do is add a customer in a table.

Here is the code for client ....

  | public class Client {
  |
  |     /** Creates a new instance of Client */
  |     public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
  |     {
  |         Connection conn;
  |         // Step 1: Load the JDBC driver.
  |         Class.forName("com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver");
  |         System.out.println("Driver Loaded.");
  |         // Step 2: Establish the connection to the database.
  |         String url = "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;database=kc";
  |         conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "sa", "hi");
  |         System.out.println("Got Connection.");
  |
  |         Client c = new Client();
  |         CustomerRemote r = c.lookupCustomerBean();
  |         TempCustomer first = new TempCustomer();
  |         first.setId(20);
  |         first.setName("aaaa");
  |         r.addCustomer(first);
  | }

This is the lookupCustomerBean function which where it gives me remote not bound

  |     private CustomerRemote lookupCustomerBean() {
  |         try {
  |             Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
  |             props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |             props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |             props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost");
  |             Context c = new InitialContext(props);
  |              //HERE IS THE PROBLEM !!
  |             return (CustomerRemote)c.lookup("CustomerBean/remote");
  |         }
  |         catch(NamingException ne) {
  |             Logger.getLogger(getClass().getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,"exception caught", ne);
  |             throw new RuntimeException(ne);
  |         }
  |     }

Please some one tell me what is wrong with this code. why is remote not under customerBean.

Thanks in advance,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086705#4086705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086705