[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Calling JAAS

NM-156 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 15:33:36 EDT 2007

Hi.

anonymous wrote : There are several Handlers in the Jboss security jar. I tested mine using the UserPassword handler and it worked. I gersonjohan used the client which is I believe the default method. There are several others all requiring different information passed to them.

  | I'm not an expert but, the handler takes the users credentials so it can be associated to an authentication service such as the ones found in login config, used in creating a login context. In essence it takes care of creating the principle structures and populating user information.

Are you saying that using the JBoss UsernamePasswordHandler allows the session to stay in tact so that you can redirect to the portal without getting sent back to the portal's login page?

I have the following:

  | UsernamePasswordHandler cbh = new UsernamePasswordHandler(USER_ID, PASSWORD.toCharArray());
  |
  | // Attempt login:
  |
  | LoginContext lc = new LoginContext(JAAS_JNDI_REFERENCE_FOR_PORTAL, cbh);
  | lc.login();
  |
  | resp.sendRedirect(DEFAULT_PORTAL_URI);

The call to the LoginModule is successful, but upon redirection I get sent back to the portal login page again. What needs to be done to:

- Connect to JAAS LoginModule of portal
- Execute login procedure
- Forward to dashboard without receiving the portal's login page again.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4086895#4086895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4086895