[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Remote messaging server (1.0.1SP5) with muliple clients, som

evdelst do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 08:33:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a very complicated deployment problem.
JBoss Messaging 1.0.1SP5, deployed on JBoss 4.0.5.GA

There are multiple clients (all running in seperate JVM's):
- some standalone apps
- j2ee applications, using an MDB, jboss 4.0.5.GA, with a scoped-ear deployment. There is a jboss-messaging.sar deployed there as well.
- j2ee apps, sending JMS messages, also scoped-ears

This all works if there is no firewall.
Now, I can get everthing to work if the jboss-messaging is behind a firewall, by specifying various -D options and a 'cientConnectAddress' in the remoting-service from the jboss-messaging deployment.

Now, the (even more) complicated part:
I also have a client (ear, jboss-4.0.5) that is deployed on the same host  as jboss-messaging. This instance *must not* use the firewall. If I remove the options added for the firewall, this client can connect, but the others can't.....

Is this possible to get workingThe options (-D for rmi host etc.) are all global...

I was thinking of configuring a different connector (remoting-service.xml) without the clientConnectAddress, but this will not help with the global options regarding the RMI.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Edwin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087206#4087206