[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Overriding EntityHome.find() results in exception

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 09:15:05 EDT 2007

This is how the find method is declared in EntityHome
public class EntityHome<E> extends Home<EntityManager, E>
  |    public E find() {

I try to override it like
public class AuthorizationHome extends EntityHome<Authorization> {
  |        public Authorization find() {

At runtime this result in

  | javassist.CannotCompileException: duplicate method: find
  | 	at javassist.bytecode.ClassFile.testExistingMethod(ClassFile.java:544)
  | 	at javassist.bytecode.ClassFile.addMethod(ClassFile.java:528)
  | 	at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.override(ProxyFactory.java:373)
  | 	at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.overrideMethods(ProxyFactory.java:349)
  | 	at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.make(ProxyFactory.java:277)
  | 	at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass(ProxyFactory.java:164)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.createProxyFactory(Component.java:1979)

What I am trying to do (Seam 1.2.1):
Authorization has some redundant columns, because it's expensive to retrieve those values from their original data store (web service, ldap).
However after each find I'd like to update those values, so that when the user selects a row in the table of Authorizations she gets to see the most current values.

Any ideas how to get around this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087222#4087222

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087222