[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: InUseConnections > MaxPoolSize... is this possible?

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 10:36:13 EDT 2007

"Sancheski" wrote : Hi all

  | I don't know if this situation may be reached. I have a ManagedConnectionPool with configuration:
  |
  | BackGroundValidationMinutes = 1
  | MinPoolSize = 1
  | MaxPoolSize = 3
  | No IdleTimeout is set up.
  |
  | After performing a load test, I get this results at the Mbean of my service:
  |
  | AvailableConnectionCount = 1
  | ConnectionCount = 1
  | ConnectionCreatedCount = 6
  | ConnectionDestroyedCount = 5
  | (so far, everything seems to work fine)
  | and then, the "impossible" attribute value...
  | InUseConnectionCount = 4
  |
  | Is this possible?
  | I have  also checked the operation listInUseConnections() in service CachedConnectionManager, and I get an empty map. What I am guessing after seeing this is that the attribute InUseConnectionCount may be wrong.
  |
  | By the way, I am using Jboss-4.2.0.GA.
  |
  | Thanks a lot.

I don't see how that should be possible.
Can you try it without the background validation enabled, since that is new code in 4.2.x

Failing that, can you try doing a flush with TRACE logging enabled.
This will print out what connections it thinks are checked out and also some
basic information about the state they are in:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087266#4087266

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087266