[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Get Request problems with Seam 2 CR1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 12:32:54 EDT 2007

I am having some trouble since converting from Seam 2 Beta to CR1 with a Get Request in combination with a pageflow

When I use an s:link to navigate to a page

Here is what was working

<s:link
  | 	view="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  | 	value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  | 	<f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

<page view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml">
  | 	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  | 		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  | 	<begin-conversation join="true"/>
  | 	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  | </page>

When I click the s:link I get an error message passed into facesMessages "Illegal Navigation"

I changed the s:link to use a pageflow instead

<s:link
  | 	view="viewServiceRequest"
  | 	value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  | 	<f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

    <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |  		<redirect/>
  |         <transition name="viewAssignments" to="assignmentListing"/>
  |     </page>

Now the parameter is not being propagated and the #{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)} action is not being called.  I guess this is because the page action in pages.xml is not picking up on the call from the pageflow.

When i remove the redirect from the pageflow, the url looks correct (parameter propagated) but the action defined in pages.xml is still not being called.

So a few questions.

1. How can I propagate request parameters across redirects?
2. How can I call a page action (pages.xml) from a pageflow navigation?
3. Why is my first example resulting in a "Illegal Navigation" error?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087335#4087335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087335