[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - JBoss Tools - setup debugging

chrisgo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 19:42:36 EDT 2007

Been reading this forum for answers but haven't really found any.

My environment:
Eclipse 3.3 WTP All-In-One
JBoss Tools 2.0.0.3 Beta
Mac OS X with Mac JDK 1.5 update 4
JBoss 4.0.4 GA

So I guess the JBossIDE instructions are no longer valid since JBoss Tools is using the Web Tools Platform... I am trying to setup debugging of an "exploded" war (a directory that has the directory structure of a war archive)

So far, I've gotten JBoss to launch using the following:

Preferences > Server > Installed Runtimes
Add New from JBoss, a division of Red Hat > JBoss 4.0 Runtime
Pointed to /Applications/jboss-4.0.4.GA with JRE as JVM 1.5 (MacOS X Default)

On the Toolbar, clicking on the JBoss icon dropdown, create a New Server

Select a Server Type from JBoss, a division of Red Hat > JBoss AS 4.0
Select Runtime: JBoss 4.0 runtime
Named it: JBoss 4.0 Server

On the Servers tab, I can click on the DEBUG icon to start and stop a server

...  after this I am stuck ...

JBossIDE used to give a DEPLOY on the right click on .war files (or directory structures) but JBossTools doesn't do this anymore?

When I right-click on the folder and select  DEBUG, the Debug dialog opens but when I try to use the Run on Server, it gives me the following error:

An error has occured.  See error log for more details.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

=======

This is a fresh install from scratch with checked out directories from our source control.  My projects were created as JAVA (not J2EE) projects.

=======

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087454#4087454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087454