[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: helloworld example from JBoss Seam Book

roxello do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 23 09:38:32 EDT 2007

As the improved version of the helloworld example (betterjsf) worked with no changes to the installed libraries/config I've only returned to this issue today.

I have discovered that the JSF RI replacement for MyFaces 'appears to be' jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar.

I replaced the MyFaces jars with these two in the JBoss ~/jsf-libs directory.

In the Jboss ~/conf/web.xml file I replaced

  |       <init-param>
  |          <description>MyFaces tlds</description>
  |          <param-name>tagLibJar0</param-name>
  |          <param-value>jsf-libs/myfaces-impl.jar</param-value>
  |       </init-param>

with

  |       <init-param>
  |          <description>JSF tlds</description>
  |          <param-name>tagLibJar0</param-name>
  |          <param-value>jsf-libs/jsf-impl.jar</param-value>
  |       </init-param>

The application web.xml file contains a Jboss 4.0.x
specific reference:

  |   <!-- The following is for JBoss AS 4.0.x and MyFaces -->
  |   <listener>
  |     <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  |     </listener-class>
  |   </listener>
  |   <!-- End of JBoss AS 4.0.x config -->

StartupServletContextListener is a MyFaces class
which now prevents JBoss from deploying successfully. Here it is a guess as to what needs to done. Assuming replacement is correct
com.sun.faces.config.ELContextListenerImpl
and
com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ELResolverInitPhaseListener
from jsf-impl.jar appear the least unlikely, both of which have dependencies in other non-included jar files.
At this point success appears tenuous so have
abandoned for the time being. Will have a go with JBoss 4.2.0, but do really need to work with 4.0.5 to
avoid other version incompatability issues.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087632#4087632

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087632