[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBoss native 2.0.1 on Windows 2003 AMD64 - Help!

si_gee2000 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 06:33:20 EDT 2007

Hi

I am new to the installation of JBoss in a production environment having been strictly a developer until recently. So, I decided instead of going for the usual Vanilla installation of JBoss I would try and optimize the install for once. I am running on a Windows 2003 server with AMDx2 CPU, so I dowloaded the package Windows 64/AMD64 2.0.1 native package from  http://labs.jboss.com/jbossweb/downloads.

I followed the instructions and even installed JBoss as a service, using the exe in the package. So far so good. Then I started the new service, I noted that the native dir was found and the java.library.path setup correctly in the run.bat script, but still I got the message [AprLifecycleListener] The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path

I have checked and double-checked, and even run the run.bat java startup cmd from the command line to see if I can fathom it out, but I cannot get the native lib to be found (ctnative et al all exist in the native lib folder) - I even copied the native libs into Windows\system32 to check the loookup.

Another thing too, when I try and Stop the new service for JBoss it hangs and will not stop. I have to kill it via a process monitor. Evidently I have done something wrong on the install - can anyone help who has maybe done this successfully on a similar server?

thanks!
si

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087818#4087818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087818