[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Get Request problems with Seam 2 CR1

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 11:18:12 EDT 2007

Pete, I'm still having problems.  Everything works when I remove the redirect/ from my transition.

Basically what I want to happen is....

I have a search page called addresslookup.xhtml.  This forwards to addressrequestlisting.xhtml which then should redirect to servicerequest.xhtml with the desired parameter supplied like shown in my previous post.  This is handled via pages.xml

Here is my pageflow file

<pageflow-definition
  | 	xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/pageflow"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |     xsi:schemaLocation= "http://jboss.com/products/seam/pageflow http://jboss.com/products/seam/pageflow-2.0.xsd"
  |     name="serviceRequestCreation">
  |     <start-page name="addressSearch" view-id="/addresslookup.xhtml">
  |         <transition name="viewServiceRequests" to="serviceRequestListing">
  |             <action expression="#{addressLocator.viewServiceRequests}"/>
  |         </transition>
  |
  |     <page name="serviceRequestListing" view-id="/addressrequestlisting.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |         <transition name="viewServiceRequest" to="serviceRequest"/>
  |     </page>
  |
  |     <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |  	<redirect/>
  |         <transition name="viewAssignments" to="assignmentListing"/>
  |     </page>
  | </pageflow-definition>

Here is pages.xml

    <page view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  |     		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |     	<begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="serviceRequestCreation"/>
  |     	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  |     </page>

Here is the link in question (req is a var defined in a dataTable).  This datatable is also part of facelet hierarchy supplied to addressrequestlisting.xhtml via a ui:include.  The value of the datatable is also supplied via ui:param.  This may be pertinent based on this http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=117233   but I think its not related.
<s:link
  |    action="viewServiceRequest"
  |    value="#{req.serviceRequestNumber}">
  |    <f:param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{req.serviceRequestId}" />
  | </s:link>

When this link is clicked the parameters are NOT showing up in the resulting page's (servicerequest.xhtml) address bar.  Only the conversationId (cid) is propagated.

When I remove the redirect from the pageflow
    <page name="serviceRequest" view-id="/servicerequest.xhtml"
  |         back="enabled">
  |         <transition name="viewAssignments" to="assignmentListing"/>
  |     </page>

and change the view defined in pages.xml to this

  |     <page view-id="/addressrequestlisting.xhtml">
  |     	<param name="serviceRequestId" value="#{serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId}"
  |     		converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  |     	<begin-conversation join="true" pageflow="serviceRequestCreation"/>
  |     	<action execute="#{serviceRequestManager.loadServiceRequest(serviceRequestManager.serviceRequestId)}"/>
  |     </page>

everything works as expected.  The only difference is I am use a forward instead of a redirect.

I am using Seam 2 CR1 with the latest RichFaces snapshots (9-23-2007)

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087998#4087998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087998