[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: How to enable logging on Tomcat

bredknap do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 12:50:15 EDT 2007

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

Below is the type of exception message I get when this problem occurs.  At the bottom of the message it says 'note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.'  These are the logs I'm trying to enable/view.  How do I do this?  Can these logs be filtered to include my application?  Do you have any other suggestions on where I can look for the cause to this problem?

TIA,

Brian

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:370)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088071#4088071

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088071