[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How can I change default URL after login to portal?

jpecinov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 16:03:28 EDT 2007

"swisst" wrote : Okay, so I have been going through the reference guide and I am not really understanding how to do this.  There are a few sections that seem relevant:

  | Chapter 7 - Page specific URL's?
  | Chapter 10 - Use the Portal Event API?
  | Chapter 21 - Manipulate the request attribute: org.jboss.portal.header.DEFAULT_PORTAL_URL ?
  |
  | A quick explanation of what I am trying to do might be helpful.  We have a completely secure portal with 7 pages, no pages are visible without logging in first.  Not all users can see all 7 pages, in fact, they may never have any pages in common.
  |
  | * Defining 1 default page for the portal is problematic because there is not a common page every user has the authority to see.  So, some users will get a 403 when logging in.
  |
  | * Handing out different URL's based on user authority is not good either, for a variety of reason that I'm sure I don't have to go into.
  |
  | Based on that, is there a specific strategy in the reference guide that I should focus on?

Yes, I have the same problem. We have no "default" page for all users. And next problem is when user use "one-time" password for login, he should be redirected to password change portlet and all other pages have to be hiden. We want to use special role for one-time password users until they change password (we have our own Identity management modules).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088156#4088156

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088156