[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: write a web service to invoke a process

Vorsorge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 06:17:29 EDT 2007

Hi Andy,

just to give you some idea what we did in the same situation.

We wrote some Java classes with the basic methods we want to use for our Jbpm processes:

  | - JbpmServiceReturnValue startProcess(User user, String processName, HashMap<String, Object> inParameter)
  |
  | - JbpmServiceReturnValue resumeProcess(User user, String processName, long processID, String calledTransition, HashMap<String, Object> inParameter)
  |
  | - JbpmServiceReturnValue  readProcess(User user, String processName, long processID)

Where:
JbpmServiceReturnValue is a class wich contains data from the process call like:
- process ID
- if process is suspended: Resumable transitions
- Process ErrorCodes and Messages
- ... some more ...

inParameters are a hash map. Its entries will be inserted in the ContextInstance as process variables.

This classes also handle the user authorisation before we even start the process.

We exposed this classes as our WebService interface for our Business Process Server. This is easy to use from all our applications.

Just to give you an architectural idea.

Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088333#4088333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088333