[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Objects created from link with page params

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 07:13:33 EDT 2007

I've just noticed that if I go to a page, Seam will look at all of the page.xml's for each link on the page and instantiate any objects referenced by page params. Is this expected?

For example if I have a page with 3 links eg: index.xhtml
  | <s:link view="/page1.xhtml">Page 1</s:link>
  | <s:link view="/page2.xhtml">Page 2</s:link>
  | <s:link view="/page3.xhtml">Page 3</s:link>
And each page has a page.xml with a page parameter eg:page1.page.xml
  | <param name="id" value="#{pageOneHome.Id}"/>
Then if I visit index.xhtml and look at /debug.seam I will see that pageOneHome, pageTwoHome and pageThreeHome will all be present. I would have thought that Seam would only need to create these objects when the links were actually clicked.

In my real case it means that every menu item that I have has it's backing bean created and any Beans that are injected into the Backing Bean with create=true.

This isn't a big deal, but does make it messy trying to determine when I actually do want an object created (I'm having some dramas with resetting some objects).

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088355#4088355

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088355