[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Field processing without submitting?

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 10:06:20 EDT 2007

This is probably more a JSF than a Seam question, but because of Seam I can use my entity as JSF bean, which is now causing me this issue:

I have a simple @Entity CalRule with name and script fields where script holds some script code that calculates some output value based on an input value.

So, on my (currently seam-gen'd) CalcRule edit page: How can I add an input field plus "Test" button and output text that let's the user try the currently edited script with different input values without saving it to the DB?

I can't submit the form, because Seam will automagically save it to the DB.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088422#4088422

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088422