[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Please decouple seam-gen from JBoss

Grandfatha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 10:39:02 EDT 2007

The problem is - I absolutely agree with your opionion *personally*. But that is not making my company/other developer teams just switch our existing hosting servers to new containers.

If Seam developers choose to only support JEE containers because of that opinion (that I personally share), then thats fine. But I dont think that advertising "runs on Tomcat" is the right thing do to, if in reality you pursuit a totally different strategy. Again my personal opinion is, that abusing a servlet container for everything is not the best idea in the world.

Oh well, although I think that making the existing tools aware of other containers would help Seam adoption, I am happy to at least get Glasshfish support in seam-gen in Seam 2 GA without contributing anything to the project myself.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088440#4088440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088440