[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Some of my unscheduled jira issues that I think should be sl

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 13:00:18 EDT 2007

I just wanted to bring up some of my jira issues that I think are easy to fix and/or relatively important, and I think should be included in 2.0GA (or at least 2.0.1).  I'm not making demands, just suggesting things that I think will be beneficial for Seam.

1.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1762
 - Very simple fix; bug breaks session usage in tests

2.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1257
 - This can be very confusing, especially if a newbie tries to put components in collections.  Potentially a two-sentence documentation fix.  Or apply my patch.

3.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1647
 - This could be a one-sentence fix.  And I think it's a very important thing to document.  Otherwise, a newbie might do something like

  | @In String name;
  |
  | setName(String name){
  |    this.name = name;
  | }

and be very confused why component.setName("joe") is effectively a no-op.

4.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1940
Wrong documentation is very bad.  Easy to fix (remove a paragraph).

If there are ways I can contribute to fixing these, let me know.

And many thanks to the Seam dev team for their hard work.  Especially Pete.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088526#4088526

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088526