[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Some of my unscheduled jira issues that I think should b

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 13:09:23 EDT 2007

"matt.drees" wrote : 1.
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1762
  |  - Very simple fix; bug breaks session usage in tests

+1, I've scheduled it (though Norman might deschedule it ;) )

anonymous wrote : 2.
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1257
  |  - This can be very confusing, especially if a newbie tries to put components in collections.  Potentially a two-sentence documentation fix.  Or apply my patch.

I want Gavin to review this, so I don't think its going to happen in the GA timeframe.  Can you add an item to the SeamProblemsFAQ as a start?

anonymous wrote : 3.
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1647
  |  - This could be a one-sentence fix.  And I think it's a very important thing to document.  Otherwise, a newbie might do something like
  |
  |   | @In String name;
  |   |
  |   | setName(String name){
  |   |    this.name = name;
  |   | }
  |   |
  | and be very confused why component.setName("joe") is effectively a no-op.

+1

anonymous wrote : 4.
  | http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1940
  | Wrong documentation is very bad.  Easy to fix (remove a paragraph).

This needs double checking (that the docs are wrong, and its not a bug.)

anonymous wrote : If there are ways I can contribute to fixing these, let me know.

Documentation patches (especially when it's a concept thats badly documented) are great as then we get a better understanding of whats wrong with the current explanation!

Thanks Matt!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088528#4088528

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088528