[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Could not instantiate Seam component :/

Yacho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 15:54:43 EDT 2007

OK so heres another problem i stumbled upon :

i Have statefull Session bean that defines my component

i get the following error when executing #{userManager(newUser)} :
anonymous wrote : 21:46:24,625 WARN  [lifecycle] Could not instantiate Seam component: userManager
  | org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: userManager
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:1853)

even trough it deploys ok and its loaded :
anonymous wrote : 21:44:43,625 INFO  [Component] Component: userManager, scope: EVENT, type: STATEFUL_SESSION_BEAN, class: sessionbeans.UserManagerBean, JNDI: \UserManagerBean/local

My Session Bean looks like this :
@Stateful
  | @Name("userManager")
  | @Scope(EVENT)
  |
  | public class UserManagerBean implements UserManager, Serializable {
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	public String register(User newUser) {
  | 		User existing = (User) em.createQuery("from User where username={#newUser.username} and passwd={#newUser.passwd}").getSingleResult();
  |
  | 		if (existing != null) {
  | 			em.persist(newUser);
  |
  | 			return "registered";
  | 		} else {
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  |
  | 	}
  | 	@Remove
  | 	public void destroy() {}

It Seems to be ok - so wheres the fuss ?
is the JNDI path correct ? because im a bit confused about the slashes :/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088559#4088559

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088559