[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss AS Freezes with 99.9% CPU After 1 Hour in Producti

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 18:57:01 EDT 2007

It is normal for many threads to be blocked, that just means they are not using the cpu at this time.

I am somewhat concerned with the "(Interpreted frame)" text on each method in the stack trace for the threads. I think that might mean that you are running an interpreter, instead of using the just-in-time compiler to get compiled code. I would have to research this more to be sure. What is the command line used to start the app server? Looks like your are giving the JVM free reign to resize the heap as necessary. I usually prefer setting specific heap sizes with min=max; usually heap of 1200MB and newsize of 300MB is a good starting point for tuning.

Other than that, I don't see anything that jumps out at me. Looks like most threads are waiting for something to do (you must be using Apache as a front end, considering the number of AjpProcessor entries; and it looks like some Oracle calls are in progress). You should take multiple thread dumps and compare the threads from each dump.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088618#4088618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088618