[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

konstandinos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 05:44:10 EDT 2007

Hi

While monitoring JBoss's console output, I have noticed countless different errors, all with the following cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Some of the errors include:
- ERROR [ContainerBase] Exception invoking periodic operation: ...
- ERROR [[/portal-weather-samples]] Session event listener threw exception
- ERROR [MessageCache] Message Cache Thread Stopped: ...
- ERROR [CommandServlet] Exception in command invocation ...

... and many more.

I am running JBoss AS 4.2.1 on Ubuntu Linux 7.04.

It is also worth noting that I have only starting getting this PermGen space problem after having installed the JBoss Forums portlet and leaving it up for around a day. The errors started long after everything deployed ok. We even wrote some posts on the forum with no errors.

I am using JBoss Portal 2.6.1 and JBoss Forums 1.0.0.GA.P2.6.1

Any help would be appreciated. I hope this isn't a major issue and that it is easily solveable.

Cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088740#4088740

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088740