[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

konstandinos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 09:57:39 EDT 2007

Hi

Since I posted this, I have done some research. Our server has 1gb of ram. I am now using the following JVM options:

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512m

The defaults were 64mb for both.

So far things seem to be running smoothly. I am keeping an eye on memory usage with 'top'.

Question: is a gig of ram enough? Take into consideration that we are using JBoss AS 4.2.1, JBoss Portal 2.6.1, and JBoss Forums and Wiki portlets.

We plan on having around 200 to 1000 users.

How much memory should we be looking at for our needs? Any other scalability issues I should keep in mind?

Cheers,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088856#4088856

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088856