[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: NameNotFoundException in Web-Application for 'java:comp/

hiro.protagonist do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 10:29:29 EDT 2007

I could isolate the problem a little more. I had the Web Application deployed through a context definition in jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml to a directory outside of the JBoss Installation. This way the web application was not deployed by [TomcatDeployer] and whenever an application does not get deployed by [TomcatDeployer] there will be no ENC [java:comp/env] for this web application, as it seems.

Now I tried the following: I deployed my Web Application in deploy/mywebapp.war and put the following context.xml into the WEB-INF directory:

  | <Context debug="0" reloadable="true" swallowOutput="true">
  |     <Parameter name="log4j" override="false" value="/usr/share/config/log4j.properties"/>
  |     <Environment name="ecms/configfile" override="false" type="java.lang.String" value="/usr/share/config/service.properties" />
  | </Context>

Now something really funny happens. The web application gets deployed by [TomcatDeployer], it can read the ServletContext Init-Parameter "log4j" as expected. it gets an ENC [java:comp/env], but the Environment parameter defined in the context.xml won't appear under [java:comp/env/ecms/configfile] as expected. In fact it doesn't appear anywhere.

Can any of the JBoss Gurus enlighten me, why JBoss is unable to setup Environment Parameters defined in a context.xml file?

My feelings are, that Tomcat uses a different JNDI Implementation then JBoss itself, so its Environment Definitions won't affect the JBoss JNDI Naming Contexts ...

Eventually I need a way to setup this ENC entry outside of the web application war file. But even the inside context.xml does not work as expected.

Any help would be really appreciated ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088876#4088876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088876