[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Swimlane vs Actors

neuquino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 12:40:38 EDT 2007

"dleerob" wrote : http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3.2/userguide/html/taskmanagement.html#theidentitycomponent
I had already read that before asking the question (and I re-read it again after your answer), but it there are things that aren't much clear:

a) anonymous wrote : swimlane(swimlane-name) means the user or group is taken from the specified swimlane instance.
how do I assign a swimlane to the user or group?

b) User = Actor, group= group of Actors, membership = role that an Actor or group has in the organization... if this is ok, membership is not the same concept as swimlane?

"dleerob" wrote : You can also use the jbpm-console to create users/actors, or directly enter users into the database, or write your own app to create users in the database.

  | See: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JbpmGettingStarted
I'm using the jbpm-console just to learn how the engine works, in the future (soon) I will use my own application with a set of users that log in. I'll want to use them as actors. For that reason I need to understand the diference between this set of conecpts and how to manipulate them.

Thanks,
Neuquino

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088934#4088934

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088934