[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: How to write pointcut ...

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 17:02:44 EDT 2007

AFAIK, there is not a jboss pointcut construct for this.

We can add a feature request on Jira, though (if it is doable).

Let me understand what do you mean by:

"set(private * A.b1->att1)"

Suppose you have the following code blocks

  | EXAMPLE 1
  | A object = new A();
  | a.b1.att1 = "test1";
  |
  | EXAMPLE 2
  | A object = new A();
  | doSomething(a.b1);
  | doSomething(new B());
  |
  | public void doSomething(B b) { b.att1 = "test2"}

I believe that, with the pointcut expression you wrote, you intended to match the following line of example 1:
a.b1.att1 = "test1";

But what about example 2? I see two alternatives here:
- the expression you wrote would match no line of code at all
- the expression would match selectively the executions of doSomething method, by picking it up only when it affects an instance of B that is the value of A.b1?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089065#4089065

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089065