[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Not identify network printer when JBoss start as windows ser

harshi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 03:26:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

In my application i try to print pdf documents using
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("CALL START /MIN AcroRd32.exe /h /p  ")

Further I identify the default printer by
PrintServiceLookup.lookupDefaultPrintService();

when i start jboss through run.bat the application works ok. it identifies the default printer of the machine.

however when start jboss as a windows service the appliaction does not identify the default printer.

A shared network printer is installed in to this machine. It seems that shared network printer is not identified by the application when I start jboss as NT service.

I have used Java Service Wrapper provided by Thanuki software.org to register Jboss as windows service.

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/integrate-simple-win.html

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089173#4089173