[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Exception: No session or session closed

damatrix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 06:04:17 EDT 2007

I'm using JBoss 4.2.1.GA and Seam 2.0 CR1. I have an SFSB  as follows

  |  */
  | @Stateful
  | @Name(value = "fairListing")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class FairListBean implements FairListLocal {
  |
  |     @In
  |     EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |     @In
  |     FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |
  |     @DataModel
  |     private List<FairDTO> fairs;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection("fairs")
  |     private FairDTO fair;
  |
  |     @Factory("fairs")
  |     public void list(){
  |       fairs = new FairQM(entityManager).findAll();
  |      }
  |
  |     public void showDetails(){
  | 	this.fair = entityManager.merge(fair);
  |     }
  | }

I'm using this to manage a Master-Detail page showing a dataTable of fairs. when a fair is selected, the showDetails() action is called and the details of a fair are shown below the dataTable using an <a:outputPanel>.

I read that using the ManagedPersistenceContext configured in components.xml and injected in your code does not throw LazyInitializationException (hope i got that right :-) ). I was quite surprised to find this exception being thrown.

Can anyone point out what i'm doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089236#4089236

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089236