[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: NameNotFoundException in Web-Application for 'java:comp/

hiro.protagonist do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 06:33:16 EDT 2007

Yes, I have tried the <env-entry> tag in the web.xml and that works. But this does not really help me. Why? Our customer wants to receive the WAR archive and don't change anything inside the archive. The two parameters he wants to configure, should be configured outside of the archive. With the standalone tomcat this was not a problem, since you could define the environment entries in the container context (e.g. server.xml). But with the tomcat embedded in jboss this seems to be a really big problem.

In my oppinion the problem has to do with JNDI in tomcat and the jboss bean for initializing the embedded tomcat. The embedded tomcat does not consider environment entries and standalone context.xml files in its conf directory. Only context.xml in the war file seems ok, but even there it won't consider environment entries, only servlet init parameters ... this is so frustrating ...

I give up on this problem and will try to use something different than JNDI ENC contexts since this seems not to work with the tomcat embedded in jboss as expected ... you even cannot put global entries into the local servlet ENC ...

I even tried the JNDIBindingServiceMgr. But you have no chance to import these global values into "java:comp/env", since it does not allow to set anything in the "java:" namespace. Link-References do not work, the same prob as with Environment Entries ...

I am lost and I give up.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089253#4089253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089253